Sporter / Hunter
To be conducted over 300, 500, 600 and 800 yards.
2 sighters plus 8 counting shots at each range – 7 minute time limit
Competitors to provide their own ammunition – 40 rounds required.
We have reduced the entry fee and removed the Prizes, but that will not lessen the fun and enjoyment!
- Standard (Rifles with a value of <$3,500 which are factory built mass produced commercially available rifles with factory fitted barrels)
- Open (Rifles with a value of >$3,500 or recognised custom action and barrel maker manufactured rifles, and non-commercially available cartridges)
The event organiser reserves the right to determine the Category a shooter will compete in.
Pre-entry only through online booking – $30 entry fee if entered by 3/5/2022, after which the entry fee increases to $35
- 08:00 – Welcome and Briefing for all competitors
- 08:30 – Zero range for scrutineering
- 09:00 – 300 yards (Match 1)
- Lunch after shooting concludes
QRA, the event organiser reserves the right to reclassify any competitor into another category of competition as it sees appropriate.
- Any rifle bought as a standard factory-made practical walk around sporting/hunting/varmint rifle and without the features or attachments that would place it in the style of a target, match or service rifle
- Weight: Not greater than 6.5kg, including any telescopic sight or bipod.
- Actions may be bedded in the stock.
- Barrels: Rifles may be re-barrelled if necessary, but the replacement must not exceed the heavy varmint barrel profile. Barrels are not to exceed 26 ins (66.04 cms) in length.
- Muzzle Brakes: Muzzle Brakes are not permitted.
- Ammunition: Muzzle energy limit is not to exceed 3500 foot pounds. Muzzle velocity of ammunition not to exceed 3275 feet per second.
- Trigger: Any trigger system may be used provided that it is safe. A trigger shall be deemed safe if:
- (a)Its activating mechanism is enclosed in a suitable trigger guard;
- (b)Vigorous cycling of the action does not cause the trigger to release.
- Magazine: Magazines are allowed. The shooter is to be in the firing position before placing a loaded magazine onto the rifle. Rounds may also be manually placed into the magazine by virtue by single round loading, or by direct loading to the chamber of the rifle.
- On completion, the action of the rifle is to be opened; the chamber and the magazine are to be inspected by the competitor and scorer to ensure that both ar e free from live rounds or empty cases.
- Sights: Any, including magnifying or telescopic (set to a maximum of 25 power).
- Ammunition: Either factory or hand loaded is allowed.
- Rests: The front of the rifle may be supported by a hunting bipod (e.g., Harris, or similar).
- A rear bag may be used. These should be “squeezy” bag types. FClass bags with solid bases (eg. SEB) are not permitted for use. The maximum weight for a rear bag is 1.5kg.
If you are unsure about compliance with this Rules please contact us by email for a ruling. firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information: : Note - registration after 3/5/22 is $35!